Digital Eye Fatigue brought to you by LensCrafters®
Hi my name is Dr. Roxanna Jahangirian, I’m an optometrist at West LA Optometry located inside LensCrafters® off of Pico. I will be going over digital eye fatigue today!
This is when you get physical symptoms after working on your computer or other devices for a longer period of time.
I’m sure that many of us are experiencing digital eye fatigue more than ever today due to our increased screen time.
I’m going to discuss some ways you can ease this eye fatigue:
1. Break up your screen time! I always recommend the 20-20-20 rule. Every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for about 20 seconds to give your eyes a rest.
2. Set up a proper work station. You should be close enough to high five the screen, about 20-26 inches away—not too close, not too far.
3. Personalize your computer and phone display settings. Bump up text size if needed & adjust brightness as needed. Adjust the color temperature to reduce amount of blue light emitted by a color display.
4. Blink! Remind yourself blink to help reduce dry eyes. You can also use non-preservative artificial tears when needed.
5. Get an eye exam to maintain your optimal eye health!