Tips for choosing whom to trust with your eyes.
If you ask people what’s the most important of their five senses, chances are they’ll say their eyesight. It’s no surprise, considering we rely on our vision for almost every activity we perform. That’s why choosing someone you trust to care for your eyes is an important decision—but it doesn’t have to be a difficult one.
Choosing someone you trust to care for your eyes is an important decision—but it doesn’t have to be a difficult one.
By following a few basic tips, you can find the right doctor for your vision care needs. Dr. John Lahr, divisional vice president, EyeMed Provider Relations, and medical director, offers these guidelines:
- Ask people you trust—friends, family and coworkers—for their recommendations.
- Confirm the doctor will perform a comprehensive eye exam—one that includes a discussion of your medical history, dilation of the pupils and a full range of tests on both the internal and external parts of the eye.
- Find a doctor whose office is in a convenient location and offers evening and weekend hours to accommodate your schedule.
- Verify the doctor accepts your insurance plan.
- Look for a doctor and staff who provide you with the caring, knowledgeable, passionate and personalized service you deserve.
- Choose a doctor who uses the most modern developments in medical technology.
Select a doctor who offers a broad selection of eyeglass frames, lenses and prescription sunwear in a wide range of price points. Finding the right eye doctor can help you protect your eyes and vision. By doing your homework, you are sure to find one to help you take good care of the sense you value most—your vision.